If you are a budding entrepreneur or a web developer, or are an entrepreneur, then from experience I can guarantee you, that this is one event you don’t want to miss. The concept of the event is simple:
- You buy the tickets.
- You go to the event and attend it.
- You pitch your “new idea” to the people.
- You try to get as much votes for the idea, as possible. All participants including those who pitch an idea have one vote so this is one activity where your communication skills are truly tested.
- If your idea gets enough votes, you become eligible for presentation stage.
- You need to make your team there and then. If you are a developer, you will be in VERY HIGH DEMAND.
- You need to create a working model for your idea. (99% times, people end up making nothing more than a simple prototype.)
- You give the presentation and if you win, you get all the goodies.
- Even if you do not win, you might win some other goodies in some other categories.
While last time, there was no theme, this time there is
“build a web or mobile EDU application which could form the basis of a credible business over the course of a weekend”
Last time around, this event was covered internationally and was a huge success and this time I see no reason why it will be otherwise.
The event is open to anyone and I will encourage students to attend it too. The price for attending the event is Rs 2000/- but this also includes
- lunch and dinner.
- random motivational talks and presentations by prominent people. (they are great)
- chance to network with like minded people.
- a chance to discuss your idea with mentors.
- Meet potential investors and businessmen. (Yes they are roaming all over)
Last time the even was a 2.5 day long affair and it is likely that this time too it will be that long only.
The event is at Apeejay Sheikh Sarai, on April 13, 2011. Share this post, if you want to inform your friends about it.